Flagstaff Academy Dragons Care!
Community Service is a Core Virtue at Flagstaff Academy and part of our Dragon PRIDE Core Virtues. From our youngest students through middle schoolers, to our staff, Dragons Care about the community we live in! Some examples of community service in action at Flagstaff Academy include:
Monthly School-wide Dragon PRIDE Core Virtues Community Service Efforts
- September 2019: Perseverance
- From preschool to 8th grade, our students expressed gratitude for the Dragon PRIDE Core Virtue of Perseverance that is exhibited by our first responders. Students made thank you cards, baked cookies, decorated banners and fresh produce deliveries.
- October 2019: Respect
- For October's Dragon PRIDE Core Virtue Community Service Project, our community collected shoes for Soles4Souls, a Nashville, Tennessee-based non-profit dedicated to providing clothing and shoes to those in need.
Our other community service initiatives include:
- Preschool collected and donated new kids pajamas for the winter holidays
- Kindergarten embarked on a number of community service projects throughout the year:
- The Maji Safi Water Water Walk: three kindergarten classes and two fifth grade classes, along with teachers and staff, teamed up and walked a mile carrying gallon-sized containers of water, raising awareness and $1620 that goes towards providing solar-powered water pumps and other infrastructure.
- Valentine's Day cards for residents of the Life Care Center in Longmont
- Letter Writing and supply collection for the troops through Operation Gratitude
- Student Council (StuCo):
- National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) raised funds for The OUR Center of Longmont through the proceeds from donut sales.
- Staff Launch Team helped box over 7,000 lbs of food for the National Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
In the Community:
Flagstaff Academy loves to have a positive presence in our community, from being on the top 27 employers in Longmont, as well as participating in the following local events: